2022 Berkeley County Youth Truthful to be heldMARTINSBURG — The 75th Annual Berkeley County Youth Good is “Celebrating 75 Yrs of Timeless Traditions.” The Overlook Youth Truthful contest is scheduled for July 30, with the contest at 7 p.m. For additional details on the 2022 Berkeley County Youth Truthful, go to: https://berkeleycountyyouthfair.org/.
9th annual Tomato Fest, Saturday Aug. 13KEARNEYSVILLE — Tomato Fest will be held Saturday, Aug. 13 from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at the WVU Kearneysville Tree Fruit Middle located at 67 Apple Harvest Lane, Kearneysville, rain or glow. Style and vote for your favored tomato.
Tomato Fest also attributes cooking demonstrations by Chef Miriam, Angela Faulkner the Tomato Expert, a bake sale, foodstuff concessions and tomato treats, in addition, displays and functions for little ones. Tomato Fest is brought to you by the Berkeley-Jefferson Extension Learn Gardeners. For more information, pay a visit to https://extension.wvu.edu/berkeley/information/2019/07/15/tomato-fest.
Take a look at area farm marketplacesAs spring turns into summer months, domestically grown generate is getting to be much more and extra accessible. Verify out the individual farm markets to see what is accessible (in season) locally.
Verify out Berkeley County farm marketplaces: Kitchen’s Farm Market in Falling Waters (https://www.kitchensfarmmarket.com), Orr’s Farm Sector in Martinsburg (orrsfarmmarket.com) and Spring Valley Farm Market place in Martinsburg (facebook.com/SpringValleyFarmMarketMartinsburg) (1793 Dry Run Highway in Martinsburg) and Taylor’s Farm Sector in Inwood (https://www.taylorfarmsmarket.com).
Eastern Panhandle Conservation District Tumble Pasture WorkshopHEDGESVILLE — The Jap Panhandle Conservation District Fall Pasture Workshop will be held 9 a.m.-midday on Saturday, Sept. 10, 2022, at 250 Antram Farm Rd., Hedgesville.
This will be an outdoor workshop. The stations will be set up inside of walking distance of just about every other with a tent and small chairs established up. Come to feel no cost to deliver a chair with you for the stations. Treats and h2o will be readily available at each and every station and a transportable rest room will be on web page as nicely.
• Stockpiling and Grazing Management — Matt Booher- VT Unit Coordinator Extension Agent, Agriculture and Natural Resources Crop and Soil Sciences
• Extending Grazing year — Ben Goff- WVU Extension Agent, Agriculture and Organic Assets
• Nutrient Administration Organizing, WV Office of Agriculture
Registration deadline is Sept. 1, 2022. Limited to 75 members.
To register possibly phone Amy Henry at business office: 681-247-3014, mobile: 304-545-1105 or electronic mail at [email protected]
Critical Approaching Dates
• July 30- Aug. 6, 2022 — 75th Berkeley County Youth Honest
• Aug. 9–11, 2022 — Penn State Ag. Development Times
• Aug. 13–16, 2022 — 80th once-a-year West Virginia Dairy Demonstrate
• Aug. 11–20, 2022 — West Virginia Condition Reasonable
• Aug. 21–27, 2022 — Jefferson County Good
Backyard ideas• For the biggest flowers, take away side shoots from most important stem.
• Harvest summer season squash when young and tender.
• Seed collards and kale for slide.
• Never let weeds go to seed.
• Plant cauliflower.
• Plant fall broccoli and Swiss chard.
• Seed fall cucumbers.
• H2o young trees and shrubs during dry durations.
• Plant peppers for tumble crop.