Shared price meat processing for livestock producersMARTINSBURG — A absolutely free webinar is getting supplied 6:30-8:30 p.m. on Could 24 on shared price tag meat processing for livestock producers.
Sign up for absolutely free to reserve a room and attend the webinar at https://clemson.zoom.us/webinar/sign up/WN_fdBQLnzKTo6gVkzj5dsNzw.
The webinar opens at 6 p.m., presentation commences at 6:30 p.m.
Immediate webinar questions and comments to [email protected]
Farm diversification workshops made availableMARTINSBURG — WVU Extension in Berkeley and Jefferson counties is providing three on-farm workshops in the places of rabbit creation, poultry processing and little ruminant generation.
These workshops are created possible by a USDA Farm Services Company (FSA) Pandemic Support for Producers Initiative grant, enabling the ability to give supplies to the initially 20 farms/families that use in order to begin or increase enterprises.
The dates and topic locations are as follows:
• Rabbit output 101 – May perhaps 24 at 6 p.m. and will go over selecting breeds, treatment, servicing and breeding rabbits at the Berkeley County Fairgrounds.
• Tiny-scale poultry processing – June 14 at 6 p.m. and will cover poultry manufacturing, biosecurity and backyard processing at Pink Household Farm, Bunker Hill.
• Obtaining begun with smaller ruminants – July 7 at 6 p.m. and will cover modest ruminant diet, breeding and herd health and fitness and be held at Rawlings Farm, Summit Point.
To sign up, stop by www.rebrand.ly/FarmWorkshops.
Note that they are not capping registration at 20, but any farms/households past that amount will not be qualified for supplies. These workshops are free of charge and will talk with you in advance of each and every day to confirm attendance and supply directions/parking information.
For a lot more info, speak to Emily Morrow, Jefferson County Extension agent, at 304-728-7413, e mail [email protected] or Mary Beth Bennett, Berkeley County Extension agent, at 304-264-1936 or [email protected]
Maryland Beef Producers Limited training course set for JuneKEEDYSVILLE, Md. — The College of Maryland is featuring a Maryland Beef Producers Quick training course series on “The Fundamentals of Beef Cattle Production,” with the local system staying supplied at the Western Maryland Investigation and Education Centre in Keedysville, Maryland, on June 3-4. The cost is $75 (contains all refreshments, lunches and instructional supplies).
For extra data about this two-working day workshop, stop by their website: https://ansc.umd.edu/extension/beef-extension/educational-courses#sequence-i.
To register on line go to: https://umdbeef-series1.eventbrite.com/.
Get in touch with Racheal Slattery at [email protected] or cellular phone 301-405-1392 with any concerns or worries or to sign-up via test/cash.
Grasp Gardener education system accepting purposesMARTINSBURG — Applications are now accessible for the 2022 Fall Extension Grasp Gardener lessons that will start out Aug. 15. Deadline to sign up is July 1.
For more data on the Master Gardener Software, go to: https://extension.wvu.edu/documents/d/bdf70fa9-f174-4e76-b7e2-d00f8c0dd49b/berkeley-jefferson-emg-brochure-2019.pdf.
Vital Approaching Dates
• July 30- Aug. 6, 2022 – 75th Berkeley County Youth Reasonable
• Aug. 13–16, 2022 — 80th annual West Virginia Dairy Display
• Aug. 11–20, 2022 — West Virginia State Good
• Aug. 21–27, 2022 — Jefferson County Fair
• Install row addresses to exclude bugs on cabbage and broccoli.
• Prune azaleas, viburnum, lilac and forsythia immediately after blooming
• Start out handle for cucumber beetles.
• Plant tomatoes and eggplant.
• Switch compost.
• Plant jack-o-lantern pumpkins.
• Prune tomatoes at very first flowering.
• Plant an herb backyard garden.