WVU Cider School
MARTINSBURG — Consider becoming a member of WVUES for the approaching Cider School, having put in excess of the future numerous months. This has been scheduled as a “lunch and learn” style instructional opportunity. Pre-registration is demanded for these cost-free gatherings in this article, https://bit.ly/3wEYXMB.
• June 1 – Session 2: Apple Tree Features for Cider introduced by Michael Gutensohn, midday-1 p.m.
• June 8 – Session 3: Apple Insect Administration offered by Carlos Quesada, midday-1 p.m.
• June 15 – Session 4: Apple Diseases and Their Administration presented by Mahfuz Rahman, noon-1 p.m.
• June 16 – Cidery Tour 1 at Hawk Knob Tricky Cider and Mead, 1-4 p.m.
• June 23 – Cidery Tour 2 at Swilled Pet dog Hard Cider & Spirits, 1-4 p.m.
• June 29 – WV Cider Advisory Board Conference, midday-1 p.m.
• July 13 – Session 5: Cider Field Financial Feasibility, Promoting Options, and Authorized Concerns presented by Doolarie Singh-Knights, Jesse Richardson, and Lisa Jones, noon-2 p.m.
Farm diversification workshops supplied
MARTINSBURG — WVU Extension in Berkeley and Jefferson counties is supplying three on-farm workshops in the spots of rabbit generation, poultry processing and modest ruminant output.
These workshops are designed achievable by a USDA Farm Support Agency (FSA) Pandemic Support for Producers Initiative grant, enabling the ability to present provides to the 1st 20 farms/households that use in get to get started or mature enterprises.
The dates and matter places are as follows:
• Modest-scale poultry processing – June 14 at 6 p.m. and will address poultry creation, biosecurity and yard processing at Purple Household Farm, Bunker Hill.
• Finding started out with compact ruminants – July 7 at 6 p.m. and will address small ruminant nutrition, breeding and herd wellbeing and be held at Rawlings Farm, Summit Point.
To sign-up, take a look at www.rebrand.ly/FarmWorkshops.
For more info, speak to Emily Morrow, Jefferson County Extension agent, at 304-728-7413, electronic mail [email protected] or Mary Beth Bennett, Berkeley County Extension agent, at 304-264-1936 or [email protected].
Maryland Beef Producers Shorter class set for June
KEEDYSVILLE, Md. — The University of Maryland is providing a Maryland Beef Producers Limited course collection on “The Fundamentals of Beef Cattle Creation,” with the nearby plan getting provided at the Western Maryland Analysis and Training Center in Keedysville, Maryland, on June 3-4. The expense is $75 (involves all refreshments, lunches and instructional materials).
For extra data about this two-working day workshop, stop by their web site: https://ansc.umd.edu/extension/beef-extension/academic-classes#collection-i.
To sign-up on the net go to: https://umdbeef-collection1.eventbrite.com/.
Make contact with Racheal Slattery at [email protected] or mobile phone 301-405-1392 with any thoughts or considerations or to sign-up by means of check/funds.
Master Gardener teaching program accepting programs
MARTINSBURG — Purposes are now obtainable for the 2022 Drop Extension Learn Gardener courses that will start out Aug. 15. Deadline to sign up is July 1.
For extra data on the Learn Gardener System, go to: https://extension.wvu.edu/files/d/bdf70fa9-f174-4e76-b7e2-d00f8c0dd49b/berkeley-jefferson-emg-brochure-2019.pdf.
Virginia Cooperative Extension offering Cattle and Equine Systems
MARTINSBURG — This June, Virginia Cooperative Extension is providing 3 trainings to assist you program and create your cattle herd. June 3, study how to pick, dimension, change output, and market your herd. June 17, sign up for the arms-on workshop for producers taking into consideration synthetic insemination as a means to enhance their herd. Be part of us at the Virginia Tech MARE Heart. Sign up at bit.ly/VCEBeef22 The Northern Valley Extension crew has joined forces with the Northern Piedmont Extension team to provide these courses.
Description of workshops:
– June 3: AM class. Selecting, Sizing, and Marketing the Correct Herd for You. A classroom method for start-up producers and these early in their beef functions. Matters incorporate functions styles, breed properties, herd enlargement solutions, and marketing model criteria.
– June 3: PM course. Altering Present-day Manufacturing and Internet marketing Models. A classroom program for seasoned beef producers considering critically about herd efficiencies, breeding approaches, and marketing procedures.
– June 17: AM and PM course. Assisted Copy Workshop. A palms-on workshop for producers looking at synthetic insemination as a signifies to increase their herd. This application involves performing with cattle copy tracts and observing the insemination of heifers.
They are also supplying an Equine Nutrition Lecture Collection: Biomolecules and Your Horse’s Health:
Dietary supplements: Tuesday, June 21 at 6:30 p.m. (Digital)
Equine Feed Labels: Tuesday, July 26 at 6:30 p.m. (Digital)
Equine Everyday living Phases: Wednesday, Aug. 24 at 6:30 p.m. (Digital)
Use the link https://bit.ly/VCE220428 #VaCoopExt to register for any of the adhering to Zoom equine classes.
Significant Future Dates
• July 30- Aug. 6, 2022 – 75th Berkeley County Youth Honest
• Aug. 13–16, 2022 — 80th annual West Virginia Dairy Clearly show
• Aug. 11–20, 2022 — West Virginia Condition Good
• Aug. 21–27, 2022 — Jefferson County Good
• Stake and mulch tomatoes.
• Trellis cucumbers.
• Plant asparagus beans.
• Transplant fennel.
• Seed Roma beans.
• Seed lettuce as a companion plant to tomatoes.
• Seed snap beans and carrots.
• Seed summer squash and corn for late crop.